Kitchen Design – What’s Trending in 2018?
Designing and building master built quality homes is our passion, with liveability and stylish functionality being our main design focus. As the kitchen is primarily the heart of the home and the social hub for entertaining family and friends, innovative design coupled with the right inclusions is fundamental to creating a stylish practical kitchen that integrates seamlessly with the main living areas.
Kitchens and bathrooms are key investment spaces within homes and can make or break potential saleability. When designed and built well a kitchen exudes a wow factor forming an emotional response in potential buyers. However, the trick is to find a balance between your idea of a dream kitchen, its functionality and a design that will stand the test of time in years to come.
Let’s look at some of the kitchen trends unfolding in 2018
Colours & Textures
- Black is fully on trend this year, along with timber, stone, and metal featured on appliances, bench tops and cabinetry.
- To break things up, add subtle white accents or contrasting pops of colour such as fresh green shades, purple tones, pinks or teal blue. Think outside the square by introducing interesting kitchen pieces, plants and other textures to add a burst of colour.
Cabinetry & Benchtops
- Natural organic textures such as raw timbers, concrete and stone inspired hard-wearing materials are being embraced wholeheartedly creating a sense of sophistication.
- Island Benches remain on trend, multi-functioning as both a prep area, serving and entertaining.
- Discreet slimline handles recessed into the cabinetry
- Consistent with the all-black trend, grey granite and concrete sinks have stepped up to replace the traditional stainless-steel finishes
Fittings – Tapware, Handles, Hinges
- Bold tones such black and gold, plus the addition of pendant lights add a stylish focal point in your kitchen.
- Natural Stone-inspired laminate splashbacks offer a great cost-effective alternative to stone.
- Subway tiles remain on trend.
- Darker tiles paired with black grout create a contemporary, seamless look.
- Instant filtered hot-water taps.
- Stackable ovens, microwaves and warming drawers.
- Wine refrigerators.
- Extractors discreetly concealed from the open-plan living areas.
- Keeping with a minimalist look – Integrated appliances (with fronts that are in the same cabinetry material) i.e. refrigerators, freezers and dishwashers.
Whatever your ideas and vision are for your new home, our team at Hallmark Homes will listen carefully to your needs and budget to design your dream kitchen including the latest quality finishes and inclusions, complementing your décor and lifestyle.
Call us today – ph. 0508 442 556 or come and visit us at our new show home ‘The Lochy’ – an entertainer’s dream! We are located 9 Lemonwood Drive, (off East Maddisons Road), Faringdon Rolleston, open 12.00pm – 4.00 pm Wednesday to Sunday.