How does it work?
- After three years of regularly contributing to KiwiSaver (of at least the minimum allowable percentage of your total income) you may be entitled to the HomeStart grant.
- You can apply for the Kiwi Saver HomeStart grant or pre-approval if you have belonged and contributed to a KiwiSaver scheme, complying fund or exempt employer scheme for at least three years.
- If you are purchasing a new home, a property bought off the plans or land to build a new home on, the Kiwi Saver HomeStart grant is $2,000 for each year of contribution to the scheme:If you are purchasing land to build a new home on, there is a maximum amount the combined land and new home can cost. There are other eligibility criteria to meet.
- 3 years of contributing = $6,000
(the minimum you can get)
- 4 years of contributing = $8,000
- 5 years of contributing = $10,000
(the maximum you can get)
Got you interested?? Give us a buzz at Hallmark Homes on 0508 442556 and we’ll help you with the move to your brand new first home