Step 1: Initial consultation
Whether you’re enquiry came through a referral from friends who have built with us, our website, facebook, our showhome, or you made contact on the phone, the first step on our journey together is an “Initial Consultation”
Whether your initial inquiry was via our website, a referral from a friend, Facebook, a visit to our showhome or a phone call; the initial consultation is an important start to beginning your new home journey with us.
– Will ask numerous questions and listen intently to gain a clear understanding of your objectives and requirements for your home.
– Provide you with design options in line with your budget, plus we’ll discuss the process and timelines that best suit your needs.
You will need to:
– Provide accessible Geotech reports, site plans, and drawings or samples of any ideas you may have.
– Clearly explain your expectations for your new home, including your proposed budget allocation, so that we can specifically tailor the build project to suit your needs in conjunction with the cost of building your home.
Step 2: Concept Plans
We capture all your ideas on paper (using the latest CAD drawing programs) to create a concept plan for your new home. One that best suits your needs, maximises your site potential and fits within your budget.
– Once we’ve settled on the concept plan fee, we’ll arrange for you to meet with our designer.
(*Important note: On the basis you proceed with building your new Headstart Home, the plan fee will be credited back off the build cost)
– We’ll refer to our Headstart Homes range of plans to identify one that meets your needs and identify whether any modifications need to be made to the original plan.
– We then start drafting your new home plans.
– We’ll get back to you within 10 days with a dimensional footprint, site plan, elevations and an indicative costing for the build project.
Step 3: Specification
To enable us to correctly price your new home we need to identify every fine detail and fitout required to complete the project to your expectations.
– We’ll provide you with a secure login to our customer portal. (Co-Construct)
– This innovative user-friendly software package enables us to work together to select the options best suited for your home and lifestyle requirements.
– You’ll be able to make well-informed decisions pertaining to every aspect of the “specification”.
Step 4: Quote & Contract
Once the concept plans and specifications are finalised, we can identify the precise investment level required to finish the project.
Headstart Homes by Hallmark will:
– Distribute your plans and specifications to our key suppliers for pricing.
– Collate all pricing details to calculate the final investment amount.
– We’ll discuss the final quotation with you and invite you to enter into an agreement with us confirming your acceptance for Headstart Homes to proceed.
– As registered Master Builders we’ll put in place a detailed agreement, and upon receipt of your deposit payment this will cement our relationship.
You will need to:
– Make you sure you have the correct funding in place.
– Ensure all parties included on the contract are fully aware of their obligations.
– Enter into an agreement with Headstart Homes and pay your deposit.
Step 5: Working Plans & Consent
Once we have an agreement with you to start –
– We’ll convert your 4 or 5-page concept plans into approximately 20-30 pages of detailed working plans.
– Before lodging consent, we’ll go through these plans in fine detail with you and request your sign-off.
– Once consent is lodged we’ll introduce you to the Headstart team at a pre-start meeting. We’ll run through the project with you to ensure we totally understand your expectations of us and that you fully understand what our team requires of you.
– While all these details are being finalised, we’ll put you in touch with our decor consultant to select your colour scheme. You’ll also be working with our kitchen designer on your new kitchen plus be involved in other important decisions relating to your home.
Step 6: Construction
The exciting phase! The building stage where you see plans transforming from paper to reality.
– Stay in touch every step of the way.
– Maintain regular communication via our customer portal and on-site meetings to keep you fully informed on progress through to completion.
– Discuss any changes you have requested, confirm in writing and seek approval before proceeding.
You need to:
– Follow Health & Safety requirements when visiting your work-site.
– Provide any items you are bringing into the project on time.
– Arrange your progress payments at the scheduled time.
Step 7: Handover
Your new home will be finished and ready for you to move in before you know it!
Headstart Homes will:
– During the week before hand over invite you to a comprehensive walk-through of your new home and attend to any details that need attention.
– Organise Code of Compliance from the local authority.
– Compile a comprehensive Warranty & Guarantee folder for all aspects of your home.
– Arrange a meeting with you to present your new home to you and hand over the keys!
You will need to:
– Arrange insurance of your new home
– Arrange final payment before hand-over
– Be ready to move into your new master-built dream home. ENJOY!
Step 8: Ongoing Support
Our customer service is ongoing. Once you’re settled in and enjoying your new home, we’ll remain in touch to ensure any issues that might arise are addressed promptly.
– Headstart Homes will provide you with a comprehensive 10-year Master Builders Warranty
– Headstart Homes will provide you with a 12 month maintenance period